RF/System Test Engineer
Join our team of engineers responsible for reference design of the next
generation of wireless products. This position requires a team player
to work with RF designers, system, and software engineers to design
and test production quality reference boards as well as to provide customers
with strong support in their initial product launch and subsequent production.
Requires BSEE with three or more years of experience. Significant experience
with board level RF circuit design including PA, LNA, passive filters,
transmission line based components and PCB layout. Should have good
lab skills using various RF instrument such as spectrum analyzer, network
analyzer, signal generator and scopes. You should enjoy hands on environment,
which involves board level debug and testing. System knowledge on physical
layer of wireless LAN technologies is a plus. Ability to thrive in a
fast-paced, small company environment is desired.
Top of page
Sr. Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
Join in the Software Engineering team and contribute to the design,
implementation and functional testing of embedded PHY/MAC software and
application protocol for wireless LAN based systems. Work closely with
the ASIC and PHY/MAC system teams to define effective software/hardware
Requires BS/MS in CS or EE with five or more years of experience in
developing embedded real time networking software. Significant experience
with real-time OS environments on SoC and development environments for
embedded systems, cross-compilation, debug tools, ICE, JTAG etc. Highly
desired skills include:
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with wireless communications, 802.11 MAC, security and
- Familiarity with SoC platforms with 8051 and ARM processors in
- Experience with hardware bring up - BSP and boot-loader development
- In depth understanding of hardware/software interactions in real
time embedded systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small company environment.
Top of page
Senior RF Hardware &
Reference Design Engineer
Experienced RF hardware engineer for the development of reference designs
around Amedia's chipset products. Responsibilities include:
- Complete RF reference design for a 5 GHz radio using Amedia's RFIC
- RF circuit board design, schematics capture and PCB layout
- Characterize boards, validate compliance with specifications, integrate
control software applications and validate proper system performance
- Identification of the vendors for each component on the reference
design, staying up to date on the latest developments for each component/vendor,
developing the criteria and trade-offs for vendor and component selection
- Interface with customers and provide customer support as needed
- Strong understanding of RF radio systems and boards
- Strong experience with 802.11a/n and Wi-Max RF systems and components
- Strong understanding of 5 GHz Wi-Fi radio components, in particular
power amplifiers, and front-end modules
- Strong understanding of RF test and characterization. Good skills
with lab equipment including Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator,
Network Analyzers are required
- Experience with CAD tools such as OrCAD, PADS, FPGA Design suites
- BSEE or equivalent; MSEE desired
Top of page
A senior system engineer to design and implement medium access control
protocols and related algorithms for a high-speed wireless multimedia
network system. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with senior PHY engineers to lead the network architecture
design of Amedia's broadband wireless network system.
- Work closely with hardware/ASIC engineers to define MAC hardware
architecture and analyze implementation trade-off
- Support specification and implementation of data, control and other
peripheral interfaces that apply Amedia's wireless multimedia solution
to a specific application.
- Closely interact with the product development group to incorporate
market requirements into system specification and design.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the MAC and higher layer
design, optimization, and implementation issues.
- Previous MAC architecture design and specification experience with
either wired or wireless LAN/PAN technologies such as HiperLAN2, 802.11,
or 802.15 is required.
- Ability to lead and perform simulation analysis and support FPGA/ASIC
implementation is required.
- Strong understanding of HDMI, USB or IEEE1394 standards and digital
system interfaces including PCI and miniPCI bus.
- Knowledge of MPEG 2/4 and H.264 encoding/decoding solutions is
- MSEE/ MSCS is required and PhD is preferred.
Top of page
As a senior member of our extremely talented RFIC development team,
you will take a leadership role in designing/architecting state-of-the-art
RF circuitry to realize high performance, fully integrated broadband
RF Systems on a chip. You will be responsible not only for timely, accurate
& reliable work but also for providing technical mentorship to other
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Designing telecommunication building blocks such as LNA's, mixers,
synthesizers and PLLs, VCO's, AGC amplifiers, power detectors and/or
- RF IC design includes but is not limited to: LNA and mixer for front
end reciever design, Variable gain amplifier design, VCO design, synthesizer
design, receiver and transmitter design, filter design.
- Work with a team of experienced RFIC and RF System designers
to select the right process for a particular RF System on chip implementation.
- Determine RF system architecture and circuit implementation to minimize
cost and maximize performance.
- MSEE with 5+ years practical experience required, PhD is strongly
- Complete understanding of Bipolar, CMOS or BiCMOS technologies.
- Strong RF system knowledge applied to developing RF Broadband IC's
and Analog IC's.
- Experience with design of cellular telephone chip sets, WLAN chip
sets, receiver and transmitter design and device modeling is a plus.
Top of page
- Technical support for Amedia's wireless networking product lines
- Assisting customers in the development of products utilizing Amedia's
- Assisting design engineers in validating reference design, diagnosing
problems, and system debug
- Development of test procedures, hardware and software and conducting
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent.
MSEE is a plus
- Experience in applications support
- Good communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent Chinese speaking is highly preferred
- U.S. permanent residency is required. U.S. citizen is preferred
Top of page
Please submit resume
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax to: (858) 535-9746
Via mail to: Amedia Networks
Human Resources Department
9444 Waples Street, Suite 290
San Diego, CA 92121